Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Protecting cells

By default, all cells are protected when sheet protection is enabled.

Select the cells you want unprotected and FormatCellsProtection

Uncheck "locked".

ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. Note the options when protecting.

Supply a password and OK.

Excel's internal security is weak but this will prevent overwriting by accident.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:23:03 -0700, Tommy Boy
wrote:

uI'm sure this is simple but jst can't do it.

I have a worksheet with a few cells that I want to enter data into. All the
rest of the worksheet flows from these few enteries. I want to allow the
user access to the data entry cells but prevent any entries into all the rest
of calculated cells. I also want them to be able to see the results of the
calculations.

Any help?