Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AJ AJ is offline

Default Date Function

Friends
Please disregard this question, after many attemps, I got it!
Sorry about any inconvenience caused.
AJ

"AJ" wrote:

Hello Friends

I am having trouble with the date function.

I wish to calculate the days between a period with the closing date as
31-Dec-07 in Column B.

Case 1
Therefore if the date in column A is before 01-Jan-07, the result that I
want to get in Column C (i.e. Column B - Column A) = 365 (days)

Case 2
Now if the date in column A is say 01-Oct-07, the result that I want to get
in Column C (i.e. 31-Dec-07 less 01-Oct-07) = 92 (days)

Case 3
Now if the date in column A is say 01-Jan-07, the result that I want to get
in Column C (i.e. 31-Dec-07 less 01-Jan-07) = 365 (days)

Appreciate a formula or some advice on how to get it done.

Thanks in advance.

AJ