Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default 7 previous days average

How about this

=AVERAGE(INDEX($AK$1:$AK$1000,ROW()):INDEX($AK$1:$ AK$1000,MAX(1,ROW()-6)))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Carlee" wrote in message
hi there,

Still no luck. Here is the code that exists in the column now.

=SUM($R$10:R78)/(3.785/1000*SUM($AJ$10:AJ78))

Problem is that this function does not average, AND it does look at only
the
previous 7 days of data in column AJ. Can you assist me?
--
Carlee

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Place anywhere on the sheet except in column aj to average the last 7
rows
of column aj.
=AVERAGE(OFFSET($aj$1,COUNT($aj$1:$aj$1000),,-7,))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Carlee" wrote in message
Hi there,

So, I pasted your function into my column and it worked well, however,
how
can i adjust this function so that it is dynamic. That is, regardless
of
where the formula is placed in the row for Oct 1, it calculates 7 days
average prior to Oct 1. If i place it in row with date Sep 5, it will
calculate 7 days average prior to Sep 5.

Thanks in advance for your help. It is really appreciated.

--
Carlee

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Change column to suit

=AVERAGE(OFFSET($F$1,COUNT($F$1:$F$1000),,-7,))
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Carlee" wrote in message
Hi All,

Question: What function can i use to create an average value of the
previous 7 days?

Column AJ contains data, which is added to everyday
Column B contains the date

In Column AK, I want to have a value, which calculates the average
value,
of
the 7 previous values entered in column AJ.

Data starts in row 3 for all columns.
--
Carlee