Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default match 1 column bringing in a value from another column

Glad it helped

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dot" wrote in message
Thanks much Don as that worked!
--
Dot

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try if source is not sorted
=VLOOKUP(D2,custkey!$A$2:$B$1267,2,false)
or the same thing
=VLOOKUP(D2,custkey!$A$2:$B$1267,2,0)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dot" wrote in message
I tried using vlookup to lookup information in 1 column then go to
another
worksheet and bring in the information for another column. Below is
the
formula I'm using but I either get #N/A or the wrong information. What
have is a list of outstanding payments I'm trying to match the customer
number from one sheet and on the custkey sheet I have the customers
account
number in column A and the person assigned to clear the payment in
column
2.
What am I doing wrong? Should I be using a different function key?