Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rufus rufus is offline

Default Problem formating cells Weine Classification Scheme for librar

thanks for that. and i'm sure that should have worked. as i'm unfamiliar
with creating those types of formulas, i used your suggestion and placed the
value of the cell (940.431) in place of "your formula", but it didn't seem to
make a difference. I set that up using the "conditional formating" and set
the condition to "formula is".

any ideas?

"bj" wrote:

it is the result of how excel handles floating decimal points
try using
= round(your fromula, 3)

"rufus" wrote:

I'm in the process of setting up worksheets for a small library in which the
Weine Classification Scheme is used. For example 940.431, 940.51, etc. I'm
also using Avery as a setup to formulate my lables. My problem is that when
the process is completed my Weine looks like 940.43100000000004 and
940.50999999999999 and not 940.431 and 940.51. No problem when there's a
single digit following the decimal.
Any ideas?