Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RickB RickB is offline

Default How Can I Make a Manual Line Break in a Cell?

That simple? Holy cow! Thanks!!!!

"Elkar" wrote:

While editing the cell, hit ALT-ENTER. That will start a new line within a
cell.

HTH,
Elkar

"RickB" wrote:

I would like to be able to make manual line breaks within a cell like you can
in Word. For instance, I am making a spreadsheet of conferences people in my
office need to go to. Within a single cell I would like to be able to make
four lines: Confernece name, Dates, Place, and Name.

Yes, I know I can combine cells and stuff like that, but it takes too long
nd get mesed up as the spreadsheet is passed around.

Thanks for the help,
RickB