Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default How do I suppress printing a row without hiding it?

Well, thank you ! But Dave has suggested more-or-less the same thing
(he's my hero !! <bg).

Pete

On Oct 26, 10:54 pm, ejt1234
wrote:
"ejt1234" wrote:
I am converting from Lotus to Excel. I use the "||" characters in the first
column of my spreadsheets print range to suppress the print of the row
without having to hide it. This is essential for my updates, so I don't
spend time displaying rows now have data pulling into them.

What is the Excel equivalent? Custom views does work, but it is extremely
inefficient to unhide/hide the rows from month to month over 83 different
departments. In Lotus, I write a formula that essentially is = if the ytd
total = zero then "||", otherwise put a zero. I turn the zero hide on, and
set the print range and all rows in which the ytd = zero don't print. Lotus
will even adjust the print range to account for the rows not printed.
HELP!!!!!

Pete, I think that will work! I won't know until I try it on Monday but you
are my hero!
ejt1234