Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tim m tim m is offline

Default Filter only one column

Not sure if this is what you want from your description but you can filter
one column by 1st clicking on the column letter to highlight the column and
then autofilter as normal, it will only put the filter arrow for that one
column.

"rah44" wrote:

Is it possible to filter one column without the others changing? I am trying
to create a spreadsheet where will sometimes be 60 or so quotes and sometimes
enough to fit all data on one page (after I apply autofilter). This is a
quote that I send out to customers so I do not want the data to spill onto
another page. When there is too much data to fit in a page, I would like it
to instead show up in the next column over. I don't know how to autofilter
the first column without hiding important data in the second. -- I hope that
made sense...