Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default Macro Error

Is that really what your code says, "ActiveWorkbook.Quit"?

In Excel 2003, workbooks don't have a Quit method. Quit applies only to the
application.

Has that changed in Excel 2007? Check the Object Browser for methods of the
Workbook object. If you don't see Quit, maybe that's the problem.

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:20:01 -0700, looper
wrote:

Thank you for responding.
I should have been a little clearer. ActiveWorkbook.Close does in fact close
only the active workbook. As I mentioned, it closes the workbook then the
Microsoft error reporting dialog appears and another instance of excel
starts. I am currently using ActiveWorkbook.Quit which works with the odious
downfalls that I am trying to avoid. What could be crashing to cause the
“Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem” dialog to start. Work is full of
other macros but I am not a VB expert by any means. All of the other macro’s
basically unhide and hide sheets for users to view information from several
different pivot tables. Oh, by the way Office 2007

Thank you,