Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default Conditional Formating CF (to identify case/strikethro differen

Many thanks Rick
Had tried EXACT and it did not appear to work correctly on every ocassion
but incorporating NOT has cracked it. Thought "strikethrough" might be a
problem without VBA.
Ron

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you want for a final condition, but I think the
EXACT function might help you. The EXACT function performs a case-sensitive
comparison of two text strings... perhaps it, maybe coupled with the NOT
function will help you achieve what you are looking for. I am not sure you
can examine "strikethrough text" without a macro.

Rick

In Excel 2003
I am using CF (to change cell colour) to identify differences in cell
values.
However I would also like to incorporate into the criteria differences in
text e.g. upper case / lower case (not font) and/or strikethrough.
Any ideas please