Dave Peterson

Ah, you can get the whole row (or parts of the row to highlight):

Select say A2:L99 (with A2 the active cell).

Then format|Conditional formatting.
Use a formula that refers to the cell in column A of that row:

=TEXT($A2,"yyyymm")=TEXT($A$1,"yyyymm")

This will use the date value in A1 and compare it to the date in A2:A99. If the
year and month match, then A:L (of that row) will be formatted.

(I was confused over what cell you were using to compare all dates to.)

Andrew Clark wrote:

Dave Peterson wrote in
:

Have you thought of using Format|Conditional formatting?

You get up to 3 formats (plus the normal one)?

It might be simpler and less work for excel to do.

Andrew Clark wrote:

I would, but I want to highlight the entire row, not just that cell.

--

Dave Peterson