Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Assign a code to a range of time

Assume your numbers are in column E, starting on row 2. Put this
formula in F2:

=IF(E2=2,99,E2)

and copy down. This just replaces 2 in column E with 99 - other values
remain the same. Is this what you want?

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 26, 4:45 am, Elizabeth
wrote:
I also have a simpler issue but still can't make the darn thing work. I need
to create a formula so that if there is a certain number, such as a 2 in one
column, it automatically enters a diff number, in this case 99, in the next
column. I'm trying to use the IF function but I just can't figure the darn
thing out.

Thanks Again!!!
Elizabeth