Dave Peterson

If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
(auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)

OkieViking wrote:

I have a worksheet with 3 big tables on it that looks good in Outline view
(Showing only the 3 total rows). The sheet is full of equations that needs
to be protected. If I protect the sheet, the user will not be able to
expand/collapse the Outline view. Is there a way to protect the sheet AND
allow the user to collapse/expand the Group and Outline view?

--

Dave Peterson