Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default Graphical Goal Seek - Excel 2007

Bob Colbert -

The "graphical goal seek" feature is not available in Excel 2007.

In "Microsoft-speak" that feature has been "deprecated."

The selection problem may be one of the many problems that will hopefully be
addressed with Office 2007 Service Pack 1.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Bob Colbert" <Bob wrote in message
I have written some custom macros in previous versions of Excel that count
on
the ability to be able to select data points in a Scatter Plot and move
them
in X/Y. I put Command Buttons on the chart that would then run the macro.
(Think Bezier curve control points - move the point, re-calculate the
curve).

I believe the feature in previous versions of Excel was called Graphical
Goal Seek (at least that is what the Undo button says after a point is
moved). I cannot seem to get this to work in Excel 2007.

Furthermore, the selection of points in a Data Series in a Scatter Plot is
not consistent with previous versions of Excel. In previous versions, you
clicked the data series, waited a second, then clicked the point that you
wanted to move. In an old spreadsheet with multiple separate XY Scatter
Plots, the selection of individual data points in inconsistent.

Any suggestions on how to re-enable Graphical Goal Seek (Excel patch?,
macro?, some other method?). Why was this changed in the first place?

Thanks,
Bob