Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default array table and vlookup

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Oct 25, 3:46 pm, DV wrote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT WORKED!

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Now I can see your example, another way is to insert a new column D in
sheet B and in D1 enter this formula:

=A1&B1&C1

and copy this down for as many entries as you have (you can hide the
column if you want to). Your VLOOKUP formula in sheet A will now be
something like:

=VLOOKUP(A1&B1&C1,SheetB!D$1:E$100,2,0)

and can be copied down as required.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 25, 2:33 pm, DV wrote:
THis is my example
Spreadsheet A

Column A Column B Column C Column D
1 RACK A Room 1 Panel 1 DEVICEA
2 RACK A Room 1 Panel 2 DEVICEB

Spreadsheet B

RACK A Room 1 Panel 1 DEVICEA
RACK A Room 1 Panel 2 DEVICEB

So on spreadsheet A i would only enter RACKA and it would look in
Spreadsheet B and automatically enter Room 1 (as these were predefined).
When i input Panel 2 it should look at the rack and panel and then input
DEVICE in spreadsheet A. My problem is when i use the same VLOOKUP formula
and copy it to my spreadsheet A it keeps looking up device on the 1st line of
the spreadsheet B. - Hide quoted text -