Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smckee smckee is offline

Default Multiple Sheets

I have input the ='sheetname'!cell on the summary page. I would like to copy
this formula, with the sheetname being my "variable" and the cell info locked
so it remains the same for each sheet. I know how to lock the cell info so
it remains constant. Can I enter a formula that I can copy, down a column on
my main summary page, that the 'sheetname' changes, but the cell on each
sheet remains constant? Make sense?

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

What do you mean by "I need to "lock" the cell and have the worksheet title
as my
variable."? What cell and what does "lock" mean to you? HTH Otto
"smckee" wrote in message
I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. I would like to copy the same
row/cell from each worksheet to a matching column on the main worksheet.
(ie: The summary/main page has a column listing the names of the
worksheets.
In adjacent column, we want to copy a particular cell for the
corresponding
sheet) I need to "lock" the cell and have the worksheet title as my
variable. Can this be done so we don't have to enter ='sheetname'$cell
for
each?