Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Sorting in Excel

Assume if it would be possible to sort using 4 levels or sort that you would
sort in this order
Column A, Column B, Column C, Column D, now instead first sort by column D,
then sort again by Column A-C Of course if you have Excel 2007 you can use
many more levels

Peo Sjoblom

"cockatoo" wrote in message
I read someone else's Q&A who needed to sort 9 columns (If you mean you
want
to have 9 levels of sort, then since xl only allows 3
fields per data|sort, you can sort by the 3 most minor, then sort by the 3
middle, then sort by the 3 major fields.That'll be 3 different
data|sorts.)
I only need to sort 4 columns, but I don't understand what it meant by
sorting from minor to major. In my case, I need data to be in Location A,
Location A Sub level, Work Order, and Activity. Does it mean I should
sort
in reverse order from Activity. What do you do after you do the first 3
sort
available in xl, sort order will reshuffle when I start the sort option
box
for my last sort. Please help. Thanks.