Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing n/a to zero

As a matter of interest, why the text string "FALSE" as the final argument
for the second VLOOKUP, instead of the Boolean FALSE which you had as the
final argument for the first VLOOKUP?
Your original formulae did, of course, have mismatched parentheses which you
have now corrected.
--
David Biddulph

"Sara" wrote in message
No it wasn't that, I finally managed to work it out it's:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(F14,IntWE4Oct,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP (F14,IntWE4Oct,2,"FALSE"))

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I just noticed. Take the " out after FALSE and try it again.

"Sara" wrote:

Syetem just tells me that it doesn't like the formula - no reason given

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

They look good to me. What doesn't work?

"Sara" wrote:

I have Excel 2000 & have followed previous thread suggestions of:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(F14,IntWE4Oct,2,FALSE),0,VLOOKUP( F14,IntWE4Oct,2,FALSE"))

and

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(F14,IntWE4Oct,2,FALSE)"",VLOOKUP( F14,IntWE4Oct,2,FALSE"))

and neither work for me - HELP!

--
Sara