Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kyouwatou kyouwatou is offline

Default Any new developments in the Excel 2007 slow charting problem?

Still no actual fix for this?

As the newest grad student in my lab, I was given the "privilege" of a
complete
Office 2007 upgrade before everyone else.
This chart-making=frozen PC in Excel
combined with the Use-New-Equation-Editor=Can't Even Save (!) Your Word File
(you've wokred on for hours) Crash Bug
has made Office 2007 a COMPLETE DISASTER for my research,
I've wasted hours, days, on this, but thanks to these forums, so I can know
it's not me, or my PC, but rather a bug MSoft has just decided to ignore.

How many scientists and engineers can get by with Excel that can't graph,
and Word that can't do equations?

Pathetic.

I will recommend nobody else in my department or my entire university
"upgrade" to his bug-filled piece of crap, with NO REAL SUPPORT!!!!!!

Back to OpenOffice for me.

" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that draws a chart with VBA from a largeish
dataset. In Excel 2000 and 2003 the code runs in a fraction of a
second and is perfectly fine. With 2007 on the same machine, however,
the code crawls. It redraws the chart at every step of code (even when
the code has nothing to do with the chart), ignoring ScreenUpdating =
False and Calculation = xlManual. One of my Core 2 processors maxes
out (1GB RAM) and the fan pulses each step too. Eventually it seems as
if Excel just gives up and the system crashes.

Having read around this Group it seems like this was a noted as a
problem earlier in the year. For me it is a complete show-stopper and
makes Excel 2007 essentially useless. Feeling quite ripped off,
actually.

Is there anything we/I can do about this? Any help / suggestions on
what to do next much appreciated.

Cheers

Gromit