Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AndyCotgreave AndyCotgreave is offline

Default Subtotals problem: Excel 2003 (not, AFAIK, the nested subtotals bug)

Wow! That helps a treat. I've never used Goto and Special before -
you've just opened up a whole load of new things for me to explore.

Ctrl+Enter - that's also new. Is that essentially entering the same
formula (with relative refererences) into each cell in a selection.
That's really powerful: wish I'd known about that for that last five
years....

On Oct 24, 10:01 am, Pete_UK wrote:
Highlight all the used rows in the UAB column, then press F5 (GoTo)
and click on Special then click on Blanks. This will highlight all the
blanks in the column, with an active cell on the first blank. Then
begin to enter a formula by typing = and click on the cell above the
active cell and do CTRL-Enter. This will copy all the Zigs and Zags
down the UAB column (fix the values if you need to sort the data), so
that your Data | Subtotals will now work.

You could always hide the Zigs and Zags by conditional formatting if
you want the sheet to look the same as before.

Hope this helps.