Bernard Liengme

It is so wonderful being retired and not having to wonder how to save 8
microseconds!
Just think if the program did this 1000 times, it would take 1/60th of a
minute longer to run.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Myrna Larson" wrote in message
Be forewarned that if you implement that strategy for simple things like
the
example you showed, your spreadsheets will be significantly slower to
calculate. Using your example on a range of 100 cells, the worksheet
function
took 16 usecs, the VBA 24 usecs. That's a 50% difference.

To me, that speed penalty isn't worth it. IMO, you should use VBA only
when
you can't accomplish the task with reasonable (i.e. understandable and
modifiable) worksheet formulas.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:55:02 -0800, "Matt"

wrote:

I'd like to be able to define my own functions in Excel... for example:
SPAN
could calculate the span of values in a selection (highest minus lowest)
with
a single function rather than using MAX(C#R#:C#R#)-MIN(C#R#:C#R#) all the
time.