Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default adding text to column cell if there's a value present

Neat one Gary!

I would never have thought of that, and Format Cells... Number Custom
"Unit "General will place Unit before the number, Who would have...

Peter

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In addition to Billy's excellent suggestions, you can select the cells and:

Format Cells... Number Custom General"Unit "

This adds the text only if the cell is not empty. The cells can also be
added, etc. just like other numbers.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007

"Tim R" wrote:

I have a column of about 3000 cells...some of them are empty and some have a
number in them from 1 to 4 digits (21 , 454, 1001, 2) etc. These are
address/unit numbers. I'm trying to write a function that will check each
cell and if there's a value in it...write Unit 'value' so I get Unit 454
, etc. If the cell is empty...then there's no "Unit" text added ?

Been trying for awhile but don't seem to be getting close...any ideas on
this type of function ?

Thanks, Tim