Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. is offline

Default Insert date when data is modified

I have rows of data that I will periodically update. What I want to do is
have a cell at the end of the row that shows the date when data in just that
row was last updated.
For example, the rows might look like this:
13 42 23 45 90 ModifyDateRow1
52 32 97 74 37 ModifyDateRow2

I assumed I could do it with VBA, but when I tried to write it, I found that
I wasn't sure how to proceed. The code I tried is below, but the TODAY
function doesn't work ("Object doesn't support this property or method.").

Option Explicit
Dim WS As Worksheet
Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1")
If Not (Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:E20")) Is Nothing) Then
With WS.Cells(Target.Row, 6)
.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Today()
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy"
End With
Exit Sub