Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Calculation value displays in formula

Thank you.
--
Sandy

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

<<This is the only workbook this is why I asked what happened in a NEW
WORKBOOK. As JE McG points out you may very well have a macro at work in
the problem book.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sandy" wrote in message
The entry +2*5*3 yields the correct result of 30. The problem is when I
click on the cell I cannot see my original entry - instead it shows =10*3.
The entry +900/3*4 returns the correct result of 1200, however, when I
click
on the cell it shows =300*4. Any entry with only 2 components works fine.
This is the only workbook that does this, however, it does it on all
sheets.
As an accountant, in Excel, I have always used the + sign instead of the =
sign because it is so much faster and more intuitive.

I am sorry about posting on 2 different boards. The first posting was
already on page 3, and the only response was a question, which I had then
answered, and figured had probably been forgotten.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If you enter 2*5*3 the cell should display 2*5*3 (text)
If you enter =2*5*3 (with = to indicate formula) the cell should display
30
I cannot think of any way to get =10*3
Please do this on a new workBOOK and tell us what happens.
Also enter just 2*5 and see what happens
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sandy" wrote in message
My ss recently started displaying a partial calculation in the formula.
The
result is correct, but I need to be able to see original entry. To
simplify,
if I enter 2*5*3 the formula displays 10*3. I am sure I have
accidently
clicked something, but I don't know what. Any ideas?