Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Twishlist Twishlist is offline

Default unwanted links come when new rows are inserted

Thanks, Bob
The spread sheet has links in varius cells across each row which collect
data from other spreadsheets. They are all simple links, such as
='M:\Current Project Sites\System Upgrades\2006\Contract
Summary.xls]Upgrade.'!$C$5
When I insert a new row, the links from the row below automatically appear
in it. I believe it is associated with the Extend Formats & Formulas to
Additional Rows checkbox, as described in my first post.

"Bill Manville" wrote:

Twishlist wrote:
If anyone can assist, I'd be most grateful.
Firstly, Extend Formats & Formulas to Additional Rows is checked in Oprions
under the Tools menu.
BUT, as well as extending formats & formulas (which is really useful and I
want to keep this facility), links to info sources from the row below are
also collected and implanted into the newly inserted row (I use the Insert
drop down menu), which isn't useful and will cause major problems with
spreadsheet results. Is there a different box which needs to be checked or
some other measure which will sort thisout for me?

It would probably help if you shared with us the formulas that are being
copied inappropriately. I have difficulty in interpreting what exactly you
mean by
links to info sources from the row below are
also collected and implanted into the newly inserted row

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England