Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Angiewelly Angiewelly is offline

Default IF with two columns

David,

It worked. You are a genius! You have just saved me hours of work. Thank you
very much.

Angie (the not very bright chicken)

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You haven't said whether or not you entered that as an array formula, but in
either case I don't think that it'll work
Why not try =SUMPRODUCT((C3:C207="CA")*(I3:I207="OG")) ?
--
David Biddulph

"Angiewelly" wrote in message
Hello, I have put the following formula in to try and add figures together
but only when a certain word in in the first column. Can anyone see my
mistake?

=IF(C3:C207="CA",(COUNTIF(I3:I207,"OG")))

I am not a bright chicken so if you can help please make it as easy if
possible.

Many Thanks