Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Maddening Dilemma - Compare each cell within column a to each cell

Here's the second link in full:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5d2d987b?hl=en

Hope this takes you there this time.

I'll post a revised macro later on - I had thought that the first pair
of numbers found would both be numbered 1, then 2 for the second pair,
3 for the 3rd pair etc. instead of just "Y".

Pete

On Oct 22, 4:27 pm, wrote:
Hi pete,

The numerical count is a good idea, would it assign a single value to
both numbers in each pair? Or a value to each number with the status
"paired"? Does this distinction make sense to you?

Either way, it is a good idea, i would like to see that code
modification, see if i can apply its functionality.

As for the links to aid in my second maddening dilemma, the first link
provides good explanations and some good solutions, though the second
link you posted is either incomplete or somehow wrong, the page does
not seem to exist.

Thanks for the info and yet another good code suggestion!

-pogster