Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Counting Occurences Between Dates

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Customer
x"),--(MONTH(B1:B100)=1),--(YEAR(B1:B100)=2007))

--
HTH

Bob

"Blddrgn700" wrote in message

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Customer x"),--(MONTH(B1:B100)=1))

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Blddrgn700" wrote in message
Hi All:

I have data that contains a variety of dates that I have sorted by
date. I
am trying to count the nuber of occurences in a given month. EI:

Customer x 1/1/07
Customer x 1/1/07
Customer x 1/4/07
Customer x 1/5/07
Curtomer x 1/31/07

Total occurences for this customer would equal 5.
I have been trying Countif function but it is not returning any value
other
than 0 or 1, so I believe that I am missing a step. I have looked
through
some of the previous posts but did not see anything that may pertain to
what
I am looking for. Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer.

Blddrgn

Bob,

Thank you I follow the information you provided. In my example I left out
valuable piece of information the date field is over two years 2006 and
2007.
So I see in your formula month equals 1 that would count all first month
data. Now with this being over two years were would the reference
distinguish between those two years. I apolgize for leaving that crucial
piece out in my original example.

Blddrgn