Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark Mark is offline

Default Convert Multiple Text entries...

Gord, I tried advance filters before, but missed the boat on gettting the
information to another sheet, I'll give this a try too. Thx.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Did you download and install the workbook Alan pointed you to?

Another method to get all uniques to a sparate sheet is to use Advanced Filter
an check "Unique records only".

For more on this see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi....html#FilterUR

Note section on extracting uniques to another sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:41:03 -0700, Mark wrote:

Thanx Alan, but I got #NAME?. I did hit CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

"Alan Beban" wrote:

Mark wrote:
...into a single occurance. I have 1 sheet that can have multiple text
(Client) entries, duplicates permited. On another sheet I would like to see
each text entry only once. I'll use this "field/result" with a sumproduct to
determine total items by Client.
If the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net are available to your workbook

=ArrayUniques(rangeName)

array entered into a column of cells sufficient to accommodate the
number of unique entries will return a list of unique values.

Alan Beban