Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sol Sol is offline

Default Concatenation

Hey Gord:

Thanks. It works like a dream.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If the formula column is adjacent to one of the name columns, just double-click
on the fill handle of the top formula cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:43:00 -0700, Sol wrote:

I have inherited a workbook at my job where the original designer created one
column with both first and last name in that order. Using the Data menu I
created two columns, one with the first name and one with the last name.
While the company wants to have both columns, the also want one column that
is last name, a comma, and then first name. I was able to concatenate it
(=B2&", "&A2). However the file has 60,000 records and I dont want to drag
the fill handle through the 60,000 rows. Is there any way I can do it by
creating a function, or any other way you can think of?