Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GSkerm GSkerm is offline

Default Case Sensitive Compare, Lookup, etc????

This is one of the work arounds if I need to do a simple compare, but it
can't be used (or should I say I don't know how to use it) with a VLOOKUP or
if I use it in a pivot table or if I do a find.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Won't the Exact function do it for you?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"GSkerm"
wrote in message
I'm a current Excel 2003 user and been frustrated with its in ability to do
comparisons on Ascii values correctly. I have come up with different hoop
jumping techniques but I'm getting old and tired.
Can anyone tell me if this issue has been resolved in 2007. I would upgrade
for that reason alone!
Example:

I need to discern the difference between 00Q3000000FHYdGEAX and
00Q3000000FHYDGEAX (upper and lower case "d" is the difference) in a
Vlookkup or compare, etc.

Thanks