Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~Gen*Digger~ ~Gen*Digger~ is offline

Default Time Number Format

I am new to the group and am trying to find a way to have a formula
displayed as time display as a decimal number (3 decimal place). I am
trying to create a biweekly timesheet that displays the time added. I work
graveyard, so the hours run from one date into the next day, which would
make the hour format as such: [h]:mm. My problem is that when I add up the
hours, they are displayed in a time format instead of in a decimal format,
e.g.: 8:33 [h]:mm instead of 8.967 hours.minutes... can someone help me
with this, please? I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now and
have scoured the 'Net for help... I'm not that great with spreadsheets, so
layman's terms would be of great help... thank you in advance for your
help...

Terrae