Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Sheet name needed for formula

You know you don't have to wait for tomorrow if you are using the computers
internal clock, just change the date to tomorrow and open up a copy of this
file to test it. Then change back the date

Peo Sjoblom

"JBW" wrote in message
I'll try it tomorrow when the date and hence the name chamges, I'm sure I
tried it before and excel went looking for the name as it had changed

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

If you don't want to take my word for it, you could actually *try* it...

BTW - you *ARE* "saying sheet8" within the formula. Formulas aren't
stored as the text you enter, they're tokenized. When you enter

=mysheetname!A1

XL tokenizes "mysheetname" to refer to the sheet's code name (Sheet8).

Then when you select the cell, whatever the value of Sheet8's Name
property is will be used in the sheet reference when expanding the
tokenized formula to the formula bar or cell.

In article ,
JBW wrote:

So your saying that although my macro names the sheet with a date,
tomorrow
when it changes the name (as the date is different) the formula will
automaticlly change the name too as it uses the reference ?

if so hurrah

is ther still not a way of saying sheet8 within the formula though?