Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Calculation value displays in formula

If you enter 2*5*3 the cell should display 2*5*3 (text)
If you enter =2*5*3 (with = to indicate formula) the cell should display 30
I cannot think of any way to get =10*3
Please do this on a new workBOOK and tell us what happens.
Also enter just 2*5 and see what happens
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sandy" wrote in message
My ss recently started displaying a partial calculation in the formula.
The
result is correct, but I need to be able to see original entry. To
simplify,
if I enter 2*5*3 the formula displays 10*3. I am sure I have accidently
clicked something, but I don't know what. Any ideas?