Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JBW JBW is offline

Default Sheet name needed for formula

So your saying that although my macro names the sheet with a date, tomorrow
when it changes the name (as the date is different) the formula will
automaticlly change the name too as it uses the reference ?

if so hurrah

is ther still not a way of saying sheet8 within the formula though?

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

If 'sheetname' is renamed, XL will automatically change the reference in
the formula. In the stored formula, XL keeps track of the Code Name
(e.g., Sheet8), but displays the sheet's Name (e.g., 'sheetname') in the
formula bar.

In article ,
JBW wrote:

in VBA sheet is sheet8

how can this appear in =index('sheetname'! c,(row()-1)*8+2)

macro is currently selecting sheets name as appears on the tab but this
changes every day. I need to use vba identity within this formula for it to
work.