Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DaleB DaleB is offline

Default Sqr built-in function in Excel 2003 VBA

Hi:
I am seeing a discrepancy in Excel 2003 VBA
In the built-in Help , it lists the function Sqr as the VBA fucntion to
take the square root of a real argument. Notice that the S in Sqr is in
Upper Case. Similarly for other code examples within Excel and in David M.
Bourg's book, "Excel Scientific and Engineering Cookbook". But, when I am in
VBA inside of Excel it does not allow me to type (and keep) Sqr...it converts
the S to lower case s.
This works as a square root function, but is not the same syntax as Sqr.
Whiuch is correct ? Why does VBA's actual sytax (that used) not match what
is in the books, or the built-in Help ?

Another example that works correctly is the use of Tan() (with the upper
case T) for the tangent function.

Thank you

-DaleB