Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karl Karl is offline

Default Using sumif with two conditions

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. Im creating a spreadsheet to track house
prices in several areas. I want to track average prices.

At the top of the spreadsheet I want to create a table with a line for each
month of year. The table would have four columns, one for 1 bedroom houses,
one for 2 bedroom houses and so on up four beds.

So, in the cell for the 1 beds in Jan I need a formula that runs something
like this:

Look at all the cells in the range A4-A25. If the date in the cell is in
January, check corresponding cell in column B to see if it reads €ś1 bed€ť.
Calculate the average of all the cells in the range that have the values
€śdate in January€ť and €ś1 bed€ť.

Can anyone tell me what function will do that. Can I do if with a sumif
statement?

Many thanks in advance for any help or advice: all much appreciated.

Karl