Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Help with X- Axis!!!

When you have missing data in the range of holding the x-values, it is best
to fill the blanks with =NA(). This displays as #N/A and is ignore by the
chart engine.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CMD" wrote in message
Thank you Bernanrd....can you please explain what you mean by set x values
=
to NA()?

Thanks again in advance.

Chris

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

To get 'correct' spacing you need an XY chart with 1, 4, 10
If you have Day 1, Day 4 , etc you have categorical data and can make a
line
or column chart.
If you want a line/column chart with 'correct' spacing use Day 1, Day 2,
Day
3....
and for the x-values use =NA()
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CMD" wrote in message
Hi. I am trying to graph data in Excel. My x-axis is days. I have
data
points for Day 1, Day 4 and Day 10. When I graph, it doesn't space the
data
points proportionally. There is the same distantance between 1 & 4 as
there
is between 4 & 10. Its like it gets treated as categorical versus
numerical.

Also, is there a way that I can insert tick marks on the x-axis only
where
have data points (only on days 1, 4 and 10 on the example above)?

Thank you.

Chris