Brenda Rueter

Thank you! That worked perfectly!!!

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:10:07 -0500, "Brenda Rueter"
wrote:

How do I get the minimum number in a range EXCLUDING ZEROS? I have a

range
and some cells in the range have a zero balance. MIN ordinarily would be
zero, but I want the next smaller number. So far I do not have a clue on
how to get there. TIA!

Here's one way.

=LARGE(rng,COUNTIF(rng,"0"))

Substitute your range for rng in the formula.

Your description is a bit ambiguous. The above formula will give you the

"next
smaller number" than 0.

If you want to "exclude zeros" than implies that some numbers may be less

than
zero and you would want include those in the test.

Therefore you would need the formula:

=LARGE(rng,COUNTIF(rng,"<0"))

--ron