Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected] baobob@my-deja.com is offline

Default How to stop Excel from underlining hyperlinks?

In Excel 2002 10.2614.2625, I have a worksheet in which I never want
to see the contents of any cell underlined, ever.

To implement this, I can press Ctrl-A to hi-lite the sheet, then Ctrl-
U (either once or twice, depending on whether cell I'm sitting on is
already undelined) to kill all underlines thruout the sheet.

Henceforth, Excel behaves very well and doesn't underline new input--
even URLs, which is nice.

BUT, it always undelines newly-inputted hyperlinks. For example, if I
enter =HYPERLINK(<something) into a cell and press Enter, the thing
is then underlined, and I gotta de-underline it. And I've got hundreds
of the little buggers.

Is there any way to stop Excel from doing that?

Thanks much.

***