Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Crackles McFarly Crackles McFarly is offline

Default Need help sorting DATES please..

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:45:06 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
sayd the following:

Using your dates below in column A formatted as mmmm and =MONTH(A1) in column B
and copying down I get this returned.

July 7
July 7
December 12
July 7
October 10
July 7
August 8
June 6
August 8
August 8
March 3
July 7
July 7
August 8
September 9
September 9

After sorting both columns together by column B if get

March 3
June 6
July 7
July 7
July 7
July 7
July 7
July 7
August 8
August 8
August 8
August 8
September 9
September 9
October 10
December 12

Are you sure your dates are real dates and not text?

Gord

No it's formatted as a DATE, I guess I'll figure this old some day but
not this day.

I feel slightly retarded for not know how to do something this simple.

I "do" appreciate your patience and help though.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:10:34 -0400, Crackles McFarly
wrote:

July-60
July-71
December-73