Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
peyman peyman is offline

Default sorting unknown range

Oh sorry.I found my mistake.now it is working.I have one more request.Can you
please explain briefly your first code line by line,some lines like goto 0,
=Nothing or Resume next is not clear to me.
thanx for your time Dave

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can just use the current selection instead.

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim myRng As Range

set myRng = Selection.areas(1)

With myRng
.Sort key1:=.Columns(.Columns.Count), order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
End With

End Sub

peyman wrote:

Thanx Dave, it works well but I was wondering if I can only select the range
on worksheet without using the the inputbox?I mean selecting any range then
pushing the commandbutton?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How about:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set myRng = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select your range to sort", _
Default:=Selection.Areas(1).Address, Type:=8).Areas(1)
On Error GoTo 0

If myRng Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub 'user hit cancel
End If

With myRng
.Sort key1:=.Columns(.Columns.Count), order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
End With

End Sub

You may want to add some validation (like multiple columns only, multiple rows
must be selected).

peyman wrote:

user specifies the range ,I have headers, order is ascending and based on the
last column of the range selection.I want a commandbox do the sort.thank you

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And what keys to use for the sort, and what order and if you have headers and...

peyman wrote:

hi,
how can I sort an unknown range(the range can be variable, A1:F5, G6:K125,
whatever) by MACRO?
thanx

--

Dave Peterson