Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stuart Morris Stuart Morris is offline

Default Type a cost code in one cell and discription in an other

I would like a formula that will let me place a number in one cell (its a
cost Code) then the next cell to show the discription of the cost code
selected. I have it working using "if" but i have the problem of the dreaded
"Seven" is there any way that i can increase the seven. Ihave been told that
youcan group sets of seven giving each seven its own name . then bring the
groups together but i do not know how its done. Or should i be looking at a
differant formular. I have seen "vlookup" on your threads but i have no idea
how to use it.

Many thank for a super site Stuart