Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
D D is offline

Default Count formulas between excel files

I just noticed, this formula treats blanks as numbers, is there another
formula that would not count blanks or spaces as numbers ?

"JP" wrote:

Hello,

Are you trying to get a match on the count of entries, or simply
verify that all the entries are numbers?

Based on my experience, COUNT doesn't work when the reference workbook
is closed. You can use ISNUMBER with an array and it will continue to
work when the other workbook is closed.

For example:

{=ISNUMBER('[0120PLAN.XLS]Expense by Acct'!$AI$7:$AT$7)}

returns TRUE if they are all numbers. The formula automatically
adjusts when you close the 0120PLAN workbook.

HTH,
JP

On Oct 19, 12:36 pm, D wrote:
I have a formula linked between various excel files that performs a count
that verifies that only numbers are entered. The formula will only work when
the source file ( the one the count is being preformed on) is open. If I
update the links with the source file closed. The formula returns # value.
Is there any way to get this formula to work when the source file is closed?

=IF(COUNT('[0120PLAN.XLS]Expense by
Acct'!$AI$7:$AT$7)=COUNTA('[0120PLAN.XLS]Expense by
Acct'!$AI$7:$AT$7)+(COUNTBLANK('[0120PLAN.XLS]Expense by
Acct'!$AI$7:$AT$7)),"NO","YES")