Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Brown Gary Brown is offline

Default setting page break when printing

Amy,
I wrote the macro below for someone who had a similar issue.
By identifying that each page should start where the line has the
word 'Page' in it, I was able to find and create a page break
there.
I don't know if this will work for you but good luck.

'/=======================================/
' Sub Purpose: Put Page Breaks in current worksheet by looking
' for the item 'Page ' then inserting a page break on the
' line above the item 'Page '.
'
Sub PageBreak()

On Error GoTo exit_Sub

're-set any page breaks in the worksheet
Cells.Select
ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks

'go to 2nd line of report so that a page break won't be created
' before line 1 (which has the item 'Page ' on it)
Range("A2").Select

'find the item 'Page ' for the 1st time
Cells.Find(What:="Page ", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate

'continue finding the item 'Page ' and inserting page break until the item
' is not found. Then program ends.
Do
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Befo=ActiveCell
Cells.FindNext(After:=ActiveCell).Activate
Loop

exit_Sub:
On Error Resume Next
Exit Sub

End Sub
'/=======================================/

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select
''''''''''''''''YES'''''''''''''''' at the bottom of the post.

"Amy" wrote:

I need to print 200+ reports in Excel 2003, all reports are formatted
identically, they just go to different recipients. I want a set print range
for all reports, so that every report is the same set # of rows. How can I
do this? Right now, I have to manually move the page break for each
report....
Thanks!
--
Amy