easy

will u use the numbers for reporting?
actually, I guess you get the numbers from a database

while puttin' the data on excel
I've tried a "tracking number.txt" file which contains 14 rows of numbers
like u exampled below

9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00
9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00

while opening the data set use "Text Import Wizard"
and make these adjustments;
select-- fixed with, and point necessary arrows (for every space in the data
set)
select-- next
select-- for every seperate column "Column data format as TEXT"

after importing the data
u can use "concatenate" function with " " (space) to gather the columns in
the necessary format

ex. =concatenate(A1;" ";B1;" ";C1;" ";D1;" ";E1;" ";F1)

I wish this answer will be useful for u
take care

"Robbie in Houston" wrote in message
I'm trying to format a column of numbers for USPS tracking numbers.
However, no matter how many different ways I try the custom number format
option, it only picks up the first 15 digits of the 22 digit number, and

the
rest display as zeros. It changes my input from a 22 digit number to a 15
digit number with E+21 on the end of it. If it's easier to look at, try
this. The tracking number SHOULD display as:

9101 1288 8230 0160 7398 49

but it ACTUALLY displays:

9101 1288 8230 0160 0000 00

and the cell INPUT BECOMES:

9.10112888230016E+21

It seems to me the easy custom format would be:

This doesn't work and I've tried about twenty different variations on that
format. I know this is either simple or can't be done but my brain is

just
shot. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
Robbie