RagDyeR

You could try using 2 columns.

First, you must format your input column as Text, just so XL will permit the
entry of your 22 digits without changing any of them.
This input column could be placed in any "out-of-the-way" area of the sheet.

Then, use a Text formula in the presentation column, to parse the input
column data to the display appearance that you're looking for.

Input data - J2:j20

Enter this formula in say Column A:

=LEFT(J2,4)&" "&MID(J2,5,4)&" "&MID(J2,9,4)&" "&MID(J2,13,4)&"
"&MID(J2,17,4)&" "&RIGHT(J2,2)

This works for exactly 22 digits.
If you might need more, just drop the Right function and add more MID()s.
--

HTH,

RD

"Robbie in Houston" wrote in message
Thanks Ron, that's what I was afraid of. I tried to use the text format
option but I would still like it to display the spaces properly without
having to type <space between each group of numbers. Is this possible, or
does the text format have the same limitation?

Thanks,
Robbie