Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KellyF KellyF is offline

Default Averaging data if within a date range

I've just tried this:
=AVERAGE(IF(TEXT("Offered","mmmyy")="Jun06","TTF") ) in the other worksheet
but it gives 0 as the result (the result is 25).

"Max" wrote:

It should work ok. Check that your defined ranges are equal in size and that
there are no error values within the 2 ranges
--
Max
Singapore
"KellyF" wrote:
Hi Max,

Thanks. That works in the same worksheet.

But what if I want to enter into a different worksheet? I just tried using
the range name "Offered" in place of Q2:Q100 and "TTF" in place of R2:R100
and it gives me a NUM error.

Any advice?