Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ctrl+`(grave) does not work in Excel 2003

Jon wrote on Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:51:22 -0400:

JPWorks for me...

- Jon
-------

JP "Smirnoff" wrote in
JP message
?? For some reason the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+`) does not
?? toggle show/hide functions.
??
?? Selecting ToolsFormula AuditingFormula Auditing mode
?? works fine, so I cannot figure out why the key combination
?? doesn't work as well.
??
?? I have changed regional (keyboard) settings from UK
?? English Extended to just UK keyboard to see if it made any
?? difference, it didn't.
??
?? I know the `(grave) key works and have tried it with both
?? Ctrl keys with no luck.
??
?? Help please.
??

I was about to say that it does not work for me in Excel 2002
but it does in the sense that its function is Excel specific
like CTRL-: I find it very convenient to use the control
method in Word to get diacriticals like umlauted and accented
letters as well as Scandinavian letters. It's always a small
shock to find that it doesn't work in Excel. The great Office
suite is still not integrated after, what is it, nearly 20
years.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: