Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Why isn't my paste function working properly in Excel?

Try doing this in a new workbook:
In A1 type Sales Meeting
Copy this
Move to B1 and Paste
What do you get?

If the phrase gets split across cells something very odd is happening.
I wonder if there is something hidden between the two word in you problem
workbook

Come back and tell us what happens in a new workbook
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"trainer07" wrote in message
Somehow I enabled a function that pastes each word of a copied set of
words
into a separate cell, rather than grouping them into one. I now must
press
F2, to step into the cell prior using ctrl-v to paste. Quite a nuisance
actually, & I can't seem to find a way to disable it in the options, or
Excel
help. For example, if cell A1 contains the words: Sales Meeting. When I
copy and paste it into cell B1, the word, "Sales", goes into B1 and the
word,
"Meeting", goes into B2.
Any advice?
Thanks!